While at the UN, the Russian Federation’s deputy ambassador, Vladimir Safronkov, has threateningly told the U.S. it should halt any military action against the forces of Bashar al-Assad.
“We call on the United States to immediately cease its aggression and to join efforts to make a political solution in Syria, and to work together to combat the terrorist threat,” Safronkov said.
“We strongly condemn the illegitimate actions by the US. The consequences of this for regional and international stability could be extremely serious,” he added.
The ambassador said that he had heard “many insulting words” about Russia’s use of its veto rights on the UN security council, and defended Russia’s conduct. “We use it only in such circumstances in which you, you try in the UN security council, to impose your irresponsible geopolitical projects.”
Safronkov also said that the council must pay attention to airstrikes, by the US-led coalition against Isis in Mosul, Iraq, that had killed dozens of civilians. “The Mosul tragedy must be publicised, people must know about it,” Safronkov said. “Nothing was said about Mosul.”
“We do not want to draw attention away from Syria,” he added.
More From Westbrook Radio
- Gold is up, but what’s up with the Gold Miners?
- Former Cannabis Culture Dispensary Raided
- All The Smart Money Is Pointed Directly At This Small Company
- Westbrook Radio Goes Live On News360
- What’s The Largest Misconception About The Price Of Gold?
- Did You Really Believe The Trump Rally Would Continue?
- Canadian Cannabis: Marijuana Stocks Running On News Of Legalization
- Why Are So Many Billionaires Cornering The Gold Market